Long and productive history and extensive experience in Computer Systems Consulting, Software Analysis & Engineering, Desktop Development, Trading Strategies & Ultra Low Latency Real-Time Development, Systems and Database Administration, Project and Relationship Management, ensures risk mitigation and the delivery of high-quality products over a variety of technology platforms and for a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Educated and experienced in Management Information Systems
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented team player with a high service orientation and focus
- Efficient at working with concurrent projects in fast-paced environments
- Able to function productively under the pressure of tight deadlines and constant change
- Adept at managing relationships with a variety of counterparties and clients
|📖 M.B.A.:||YORK UNIVERSITY, Schulich School Of Business (1998, MIS - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA)|
|📖 M.Sc.:||DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY, Faculty Of Graduate Studies (1984 - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA)|
|📖 B.Sc.:||NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS,School of Physics & Mathematics (1981 - Athens, GREECE)|
⚗ PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMAS:
|📖 Software Engineering & Structured Design:||ENGLAND (Polytechnic Of Central London) (1998, MIS - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA)|
|📖 Software Testing: A Cost Effective Approach:||ENGLAND (Polytechnic Of Central London)|
|📖 Professional Study & Research Diploma (Class A'):||GREECE (Ministry for Environment & Public Works)|
♖ AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS:
CANADA [Dalhousie University]
- Teaching Scholarship
- Teaching & Research Scholarship (Geophysics)
- Sir Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship (Nomination)
- Geophysics multi-year scholarship for Graduate Studies abroad (National University of Athens)
- Two first-rank yearly university study scholarships (State Scholarships Institute)
- Two national praise certificates for academic excellence & character (Ministry of Education).
Fluent in English (full professional proficiency), Greek (native proficiency). Old knowledge in French, Esperanto.
The current software development focuses on modern Web technology trends and life-long training and side project work in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Fullstack Development based on NodeJS, JQuery, ExpressJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, Redux (including Thunk & Saga Middleware), MeteorJS, VulcanJS, GraphQL, ApolloJS and GatsbyJS
- Neo4j and GraphQL: Graph Databases, Neo4j Browser, Neo4j Desktop & Cypher Query Language (including OpenCypher), Data Structures with APOC
- GRANDStack Development (GraphQL, ReactJS, ApolloJS & Neo4j Database)
- GraphQL Servers with NodeJS, ReactJS & MongoDB
- Graphcool Framework (GraphQL Backend Framework)
- Restful APIs With NodeJS, ExpressJS & MongoDB
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
SYNOPSIS OF EXPERIENCE TO-DATE:
- MANAGEMENT OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TEAMS
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT under WINDOWS, UNIX, LINUX, MPE-XL, PRIMOS, NOVELL Netware, BANYAN VINES, OS2, DOS and various microcomputer operating systems, in a variety of software development environments
- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION under XENIX, NOVELL and BANYAN VINES operating systems
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION in SQL-SERVER, INFORMIX and FOXPRO
- EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE of office applications software and their development, as well as telecommunications protocols and software tools and experience with modern Fullstack and GRANDstack Web Development environments, including NodeJS, JQuery,ExpressJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, Redux, MeteorJS, VulcanJS, GraphQL, ApolloJS, Neo4j,Cypher Query Language, MongoDB and other NoSQL, as well as relational databases
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT HIGHLIGHTS & CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Online courses and advanced workshops and technical seminars covering: RESTful APIs, redis, Docker, Fullstack & GRANDStack Development based on NodeJS, JQuery, ExpressJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, Redux (including Thunk & Saga Middleware), MeteorJS, VulcanJS, GraphQL, ApolloJS, Neo4j, Graph Databases & Cypher Query Language, Graphcool Framework, CSS, Bootstrap and Webpack among others
- SQL/NoSQL DataBase Management Systems (DBMS) including SYBASE [ASE/IQ], SQL-SERVER, MySQL, INFORMIX, db4o, SCULPTOR, FOXPRO, dBASE, MongoDB, redis
- Modern IDEs and frameworks (from .NET Languages on VISUAL STUDIO [VISUAL BASIC, VB.NET, C#, ASP] to JAVA Servlet & JavaServer Pages on ECLIPSE & RAVE, to NodeJS on heterogeneous media)
- 4GL & 3GL Languages (JAVA, SPEEDWARE, INFORMIX, SCULPTOR, C, C++ [multiple environments including Qt], PASCAL & BASIC [multiple versions from small computing machines to mid-range computers], FORTRAN)
- UML utilization in technical writing projects, HTML, JSP, ASP, XML, JSON
- MarketMind (ITG proprietary rules-based language for auto-trading-strategies development)
- Experience with TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, TELNET, SLIP, PPP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, UUCP, IPX and RS-232 protocols, as well as with CORBA architecture, IOS, Android, Git, Windows APIs, PROLOG, LOGO, report writers, ASSEMBLY (6502/6510, 8088/8086, 80x86), Windows registry scripts, Windows & UNIX help compilers and application setup utilities.
SELECTED COURSES & ADVANCED WORKSHOPS:
 COMPLETED, WITH CERTIFICATES (UDEMY):
- C++ Fundamentals (2 courses)
- Ruby Development
- R Programming Language
- Responsive Web Development
- Git Mastering (2 courses, including advanced)
- Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing
- Android Development
- Bash Scripting
- Project Management Software
- Application Development with Docker
- Object Oriented PHP
- Joomla 3
- Copyright Basics
- Electronic Music Theory, Production, Marketing & Publicity (5 courses)
- Ableton Live & DJ (4 courses)
- Native Instruments Massive
 COMPLETED (NodeUniversity):
- React Native Quickly
- HTTP/2 with Node and Express
- React Foundation
- Node University Library
- Top ES6/ES2015 Features
- AWS Intro
- Node and MongoDB Foundation
- GraphQL + Apollo
- GraphQL Foundation
- Express Foundation
 Online Communites & Youtube Channels (A Multitude Of Courses):
- neo4j & GraphQL
- QA Automation
 Other Courses & Workshops:
- Windows Open System Architecture (WOSA)
- HP-UX Systems Administration
- SPEEDWARE 4GL
- NOVELL Network Administration
- Data Structures & Non-Numerical Methods
- SCULPTOR 4GL/SQL
- Computability & Complexity
- Computer Techniques Standardization
- Numerical Analysis / Computer Programming
- Language Processors / Compiler Design
- FIX Protocol Development
 TECHNICAL SEMINARS & CONGRESSES:
- AWS Toronto Summit
- Neo4j Toronto GraphTour
- Integrated Business Solutions and Network Management
- Databases In Heterogenous & Distributed Environments
- Desktop Publishing In Typography: Use Of Super Micros & Advanced Laser Printers
- Business Management & Information Science (Two Diplomas awarded).
- Applications On Digital Image Processing
- Document Management / Office Automation
- WWW Live & Developer Nights (Microsoft)
- Peripherals & Their Applications
- Turbo C++ Object-Oriented Programming
- Remote Sensing Using LANDSAT Data
- dBXL & dBXL/LAN
- IBM OS/2
- NOVELL Netware
- IBM Token-Ring Network
 IN PROGRESS:
- Selenium IDE
PREVIOUS WORK / EXPERIENCE - ACHIEVEMENTS:
INVESTMENT TECHNOLOGY GROUP - IT Consulting & Software Development
FEB/2001 – AUG/2018
|JUL/2011 - AUG/2018:||Trading Servers & FX Development (Core Infrastructure & Routing Team)|
|MAR/2010 - JUL/2011:||Team Leadership (Post-Trade Team)|
|SEP/2003 - MAR/2010:||Management (Desktop Tools)|
|FEB/2001 - SEP/2003:||Trading Strategy & Development (Core Research Team, Infrastructure Team)|
- Served as Manager of Desktop Tools and Team Lead of the Post-Trade Team.
- Handled software analysis and development for the Post-Trade, Core Research, Algorithmic Trading Development, Sales & Trading, Finance, Compliance, Mid-Office and Core Infrastructure & Routing Teams.
- Developed data-feeds, currency exposure & FX applications, institutional trading strategies, original trading applications,FIX protocol products, user interfaces, client/server, market-data APIs, database, Web and rich client reporting applications, as well as monitoring and reconciliation tools on heterogeneous platforms.
- In addition, developed monitoring and reconciliation tools for the Research, Sales & Trading, Finance, Compliance and Mid-Office departments of the Firm.
UBS BANK CANADA - Technical Writing, Modeling (Software Systems Architecture)
NOV/1999 – FEB/2001
- Executed Modeling (UML), Technical Writing (including Systems Architecture) and prototype development for the International Client Reporting & SmartSizing (Overview & Real-Time) projects.
TD SECURITIES INC. - IT Consulting & Software Development
JUL/1997 – JUL/1999
- Developed a custom, open-architecture, multi-currency, centralized, scalable and efficient application ('Listed Equities & Derivatives') to deal with the data capture and reporting of the Institutional Equities & Structured Finance trading community.
- Coded, tested, documented and maintained one third of the total number of the required pre-processors and related software tools for the'Risk Management Systems' project, as well as database-management applications and a large number of utilities.
COTT CORPORATION – Senior Technical Analysis & Desktop Development
JUL/1995 – JUN/1997
- Led the global projects for Hardware Testing & Evaluation, Software Evaluation (operating systems and applications),AntiVirus Strategy & Software Distribution Tools.
- Developed new software and maintained the corporate Desktop Standard.
- Provided backup assistance to the SAP and to the BANYAN VINES administrators.
SENECA COLLEGE OF APPLIED ARTS & TECHNOLOGY – Teaching
MAY/1995 – OCT/1995
- Instructed Operating Systems & UNIX courses.
SPEEDWARE CORPORATION – Programming/Analysis
JAN/1994 – JUL/1995
- Developed, tested and debugged parts of the SPEEDWARE FINANCIALS software packages.
- Ported applications and data between the different platforms in the Company.
ROBBINS & MYERS CANADA LTD. – Computer & Database Systems Administration
DEC/1991 – DEC/1993
- Managed effectively the administration, security, fine-tuning and interoperability of three XENIX and one NOVELL Local Area Networks from a hardware and software perspective.
- Developed efficient software structures to store and analyze pre-sales and sales information in a complex software and hardware environment.
- Performed critical statistical analysis on the data, to aid the short-term and long-term Corporate planning.
- Directed user support & training and provided technical leadership and guidance.
J&P (OVERSEAS) LTD. – MIS Department Management & Software Development
JAN/1988 – OCT/1991
- Organized the Computer Department and introduced computerized techniques to assist the various departments of this International Building & Civil Engineering company.
- Performed a systems analysis/requirements analysis study and the Network Administration for a NOVELL Network.
- Developed and optimized a wide variety of database applications, using fourth-generation computer languages and RDBMS techniques and performed software and hardware trouble-shooting and optimization.
- Developed original system utilities, screen and printer drivers, spreadsheet and DTP applications, and created efficient business solutions to complement project management software.
- Generated systems documentation and evaluated new software packages & machines.
- Directed extensive personnel training and support in three branches of the Company.
TETRAN HELLAS S.A. – EDP Management & Computer Programming
FEB/1987 – JAN/1988
- Designed and implemented a database system for this new Technology, Investment & Development Institute (partially funded by the government), in order to register the advanced production industry in Greece
♣ EXTRA-CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES:
- ♣ Electronic/Computer Music Composition & Production
- ♣ Habitat for Humanity, ITG TAC Outreach Program and other charity work
A number of persons will be glad to provide additional information on my character, my academic performance and my overall abilities, upon request.